19 May Shanxi Medical University
Shanxi University is located in Taiyuan, which is the capital of Shanxi Province and boasts a history of 2,500 years. Its profound cultural heritage can be dated back to Sanli College in the Ming Dynasty and Jinyang College and Linde College in the Qing Dynasty. Shanxi University’s predecessor was the Shanxi Grand School founded in 1902.
Shanxi Grand School promoted the integration of Chinese cultures with Western sciences, while also paying equal attention to arts and natural sciences. Great flexibility was required to manage the task of running a college and promoting advanced educational ideas. The school was one of the most important cradles of Chinese higher education and a crucial institution for spreading culture, science, and education in Shanxi Province for over a hundred years. Inheriting the glorious tradition of “Knowing the East and West; seeking goodness and truth; promoting the virtuous and the talented; being self-reliant and serving the country”. Promoting and abiding by, the excellent school motto of “being industrious, strict, honest and creative”, Shanxi University has cultivated excellent talents for the country and society, and successfully made a sterling contribution to educate people and invigorate our industry in modern China.
Fostering talent for more than a hundred years, it added another splendid chapter in the history of education, during those prosperous times. Since the policy of opening up and reform was introduced, Shanxi University has grasped the precious opportunities of invigorating our country through science and education, and the improvement of facilities of higher education. It has developed into a comprehensive university featuring the interaction of arts and natural sciences, clearly focused on administration, and introducing a brilliant perspective for development. In 1998, Shanxi University became a key university sponsored by the People’s Government of Shanxi Province. In 2003, Shanxi University got the Excellency Award after an evaluation of undergraduate teaching was conducted by the Ministry of Education. Since the 100th anniversary of its foundation, Shanxi University has made great strides in all academic fields. In 2005, Shanxi University attained the opportunity of co-developed by the State Ministry of Education and the People’s Government of Shanxi Province.
The campus, covering a geographic area of 2,066 mu and a floor space of 987,000 square meters, has been awarded the titles of Green and Gardenlike University by the provincial government. With a collection of 3.02 million books and 603 GB e-books in its library, Shanxi University provides teaching and research instruments with a total value of more than 200 million yuan RMB. The campus consists of two parts: the northern part is characterized by elegant traditional designs, while the southern one is proud of many stylish modern buildings. Towering trees form canopies over the avenues and beautiful floral displays decorate all buildings, the whole campus is full of a deeply humanistic and serene atmosphere suitable for both studying and living.
Shanxi University hosts over-all specialties and has built up a proud reputation for its profound research results. Eleven academic fields cover 69 majors for undergraduates and 18 majors for the double bachelor’s degree. At present, it has 48 doctorate programs (6 first grade disciplines) and nine centers for post-doctoral studies, 137 general Masters of Arts and Sciences programs (19 first grade disciplines), and 16 specialized M.A./ M.S. programs. Shanxi University has state key subjects, state key laboratories, key laboratories designated by the Ministry of Education, key research bases in humanities and social sciences under the Ministry of Education, an engineering research center approved by the Ministry of Education, laying its profound academic and scientific research foundation. In recent years, there is an increase in acquiring national projects, including 973 National Projects, 863 National Projects, the Projects of the National Natural Science Foundation, and the Projects of the Social Science Foundation. Sixteen projects won prizes for National Natural Sciences, National Technological Innovation, National Scientific and Technological Progress, Outstanding Achievements on the Study of Humanities and Social Sciences in Chinese Higher Educational Institutions and Natural Sciences of the Ministry of Education. Shanxi University is staffed by high-quality academic lecturers and has attained remarkable achievements in cultivating talents.
- Location: Taiyuan City, Shanxi Province
- Founded: Since 1919Yr,100years old school
- Number of students: 23000
- International MBBS started year: Since 2017
- Number of MBBS international students on campus: 300+
- Nationality of International students 21 countries: Indonesia, India, Pakistan, Nigeria, Zambia, Cameroon, Malawi, Ghana, Botswana, Somali, Algeria, Cabon, Kenya, Tanzania…
- Kitchen: Yes ( Separate Kitchen in every apartment)
- Laundry: Yes ( Separate washing machine in every apartment)
- Canteen: Muslim and non-muslim canteen available on the campus
Provincial scholarships: 15000RNB
School scholarship: 1000-10000RMB
- SXMU is the First group of universities in China that offers an MBBS Degree.
- One of the oldest Medical Institute in China.
- Approved by W.H.O, IMED, WDOMS, MCI, and MOE (Ministry of Education, China).
- Teaching Clinical Medicine (M.B.B.S) program to International students, according to the International Standard.
- After graduation students are eligible to appear in USMLE, PLAB, AMC, MCI, and PMDC…………
- 31 Schools and Departments.
- Offering 144 undergraduate, master, and Ph.D. majors in Medical.
- 1600 teachers and 1300 PG supervisors.
- 15300 Chinese Undergraduate students, 3600 PG students, 280 Ph.D. students, and more than 70 International students.
- 10. International cooperation with USA, Canada, UK, Irland, Japan, Russia, Australia.
- First-year full payment is 50000RMB including all the charges may consume on registration at school ( except food expenses and other personal expenses).
- Books fee from the second year to the sixth year will be paid according to the actual price.
- Six years is internship year, tuition fee will be charged according to the actual price, if do an internship in China, will pay the full fee, if do an internship in other countries(not China), the student will pay half of the tuition fee.
- 2000RMB deposit should be paid after receiving the acceptance of documents. others can pay on arrival ( if offer online class, the fee should be paid 2 weeks before online class started).
- Fee can be paid in USD or RMB. USD will be charged according to the actual currency rate.
Applicant should submit the following documents:
- Clear and Colored scan of your passport (first 10pages).
- Clear and Colored scan Highest educational diploma, transcripts.
- Clear and Colored scan of work experience letter (if the applicant has work experiences).
- Clear and Colored scan of Physical Examination Form.
- Clear and Colored scan of Non-Criminal Certificate.
- Clear and Colored scan of Sponsor ID or Passport.
- Clear and Colored scan of financial sponsor letter.
- Clear and Colored scan of Bank statement of Sponsor (balance not less than an equal amount of 7000USD).
- Clear and Colored scan of 2 inches electronic photo with white background.
- Clear and Colored scan of China Visa and Chinese University Study letter (if Applicant studied in China before).
- Clear and Colored scan of Reward certificate or Language Certificate (if have).
- 12. A self-introduction video (optional).